Sunday, February 12, 2012

What a Loser

Crazy, crazy, CRAZY diet has started!
My oh my....so, I've gotten fat. Not like, "whoops, I look a little chubby in that picture" fat, but like, "HOLY SHIT, these don't fit anymore, and I'm out of breath walking up these stairs" fat. Granted, I've had 2 back surgeries, and that has greatly limited some of the things that I can do- but I am severely disappointed with myself. I've always been able to pull myself together and look pretty good- for most situations. But, lately, I don't EVER feel pretty. In all actuality, the last time I felt "pretty" was on my first date with Joe....that was at the beginning of June.

On the upside, Joe and I have shared some pretty awesome months together. I've officially moved in with him, and I really couldn't be any more happy. We both share an INSANE love of food, and he can cook better than my momma. I love to eat anything he makes....a little too much! And Joe grew up in an extremely southern household- so when he cooks, a meal never consists of less than 1500 calories! Haha. I actually don't ever care how many calories are in his meals because they are SO good! He could easily open a restaurant and blow everyone's taste buds away. I love that about him.

That reminds me. A few months back, I wrote about "31 Flavors"....I recently read that blog post and had tears realizing that God has actually given me someone who meets ALMOST all of those criteria. That makes me ridiculously happy.

Ok, ok...back to the diet plan. So, I've decided to do the "HCG" diet. If you don't know what it is, you can Google it. There's a lot of rules, and a lot of restrictions, but the gist of the diet is: take HCG hormone 3x/day, eat exactly 500 calories/day (food is very restrictive- not just any 500 calories), no exercise, no alcohol, and lots and lots of water (or tea or coffee- PLAIN). You can't use any lotions, and need to wear mineral makeup. I'm telling you- it's crazy. But here's the thing....it WORKS. And, I have no control when it comes to just eating "healthy" and "exercising". So I'm going extreme for 23 days.

Today was day #1, and honestly, I don't like it. But, I have THE most amazing man by my side who is encouraging me, and even eating the diet food (just a lot more of it, lol). There are not many guys out there who would do this. Most will say it's crazy, and unhealthy. But, being fat is unhealthy, people! Here's what I ate today:
AM: Green tea and lots of water
Lunch: 150 calories of chicken and 40 calories of asparagus (grilled on the foreman with McCormick's Garlic and Herb seasoning) -btw, you can't use ANY oils or butter on this diet
Mid-afternoon "snack": small apple 60 calories
Dinner: 150 calories of extra-lean ground beef, and 40 calories of broccoli
Dessert: 60 calories of strawberries
....ao there you have it, 500 calories. Yeah, it sucks. But then again, so does being a fatty.

I'm also using this time as a fast for my soul. It's not taking place during Lent, but I'm using it as a cleansing period- body, mind, and soul.

My first goal is to lose 30lbs in the next 23 days. I'll keep you posted....

No comments:

Post a Comment