Thursday, February 16, 2012

Day 4. Meltdown.

Yesterday, Day #4 on the HCG diet was HARD. My day started at 5:30am, and I got home around 8:30pm. I actually had some progress yesterday- feeling pretty good from about 10am (after eating 60 calories worth of strawberries) until around 4:00pm. I did lose 2lbs, so I began to have the desire to make it to 10lbs, which was reached today! :) Joe says he can see a difference, but I can't really. When I lay down though, my stomach does feel more flat- that's been a while!
I wore my "fat pants" yesterday, and they were a little big- exciting! However, today I wore a smaller size, and I'm still not quite there yet. My next goal is 20lbs...hopefully by the end of week 2.

Joe has lost 5lbs! He's cut back drastically on his carbs, and eating mostly what I'm eating- just more of it. We've both cut out drinking, which is pretty extreme for both of us, but I think we're both just tired of feeling like crap. I'm really proud of him, and thankful everyday for his continued support of this crazy diet.

I am not sure if it's my hormones, the lack of food, or just the overall feeling of misery that brought me to my breaking point last night, but I just wasn't able to hold it together. Today I'm puffy-eyed and feel tired, but I'm really happy to have come this far. It's just day 5, but I think I'm growing a little stronger everyday. My social life is at a stand still (sorry friends), but it's doing me a world of good to build my own strength without relying on a few glasses of wine and a pizza. Not to say I won't ever have those things again, because that would just make me miserable, but I just have to make better decisions and not do it so OFTEN.

Thanks again to all of you who have given me support during this time- it's changing this fat girls' life!


No comments:

Post a Comment