Monday, February 13, 2012

Day 2. What Have I Done?


Day 2 started out pretty good- I lost 3 pounds on the first day. That was exciting!
Yeah- that's where the excitement stopped.


I honestly don't remember a time this trying. I remember struggling quite a bit through Economics, but even then, I just cheated on my tests because my soon to be husband was a smarty-pants (God forgive me). I remember how hard it was struggling to find my way through my marriage (obviously, we took the easy way out). And, then there was that time I "dated" a married guy (who told me he was going through a divorce). Yeah, those things were HARD. But, why did I make the decision to get MYSELF into those situations, only to learn the very, very, VERY hard way that I was only cheating myself to begin with.

Why haven't I learned that lesson yet? Why didn't I take the "easier" route and make healthy decisions over the past few years on what I ate? Why didn't I go to the gym 3 days/week? Why haven't I counted my calories up until this point?! Ugh, this diet is HORRIBLE. I really don't know how to describe it, but my most common feeling today was anger! I was angry at the fatty's eating their Girl Scout cookies and cheeseburgers. I was angry at the cafeteria for cooking and serving food to the general public. I was especially angry at the person (who wasn't even at their desk today) who had a HUGE bag of peanut butter filled pretzels on her desk- just STARING at me. When I went to warm up my 190 calorie lunch (oh, and a 60 calorie apple), one guy was heating up a HUGE bowl of spaghetti and meatballs. I wanted to punch that guy in his face.
I hope I contained my emotions, but I can't be too sure.

I'm still maintaining that I am going to get through this. 21 more days to go.

2 comments:

  1. I am super curious as to how this works out for you. I am also fatter than I've ever been...and miserable. I just can't make myself quit eating and drinking. Ugh. I wish you the BEST of luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You CAN do it, sister!!! Proud of you!!
    Kacie :0)

    ReplyDelete