Saturday, January 8, 2011

3 - 3

Have you ever had a feeling that God must be playing a really big joke on you? Like at any minute, Ashton Kutcher is going to jump out and yell "Punk'd!" at you?? I felt like that tonight.
For the second day in a row, I have had a second date....with the same person. We enjoyed ourselves AGAIN so much tonight, that a third date is planned tomorrow- 3 days in a row.
Now, in all honesty- this comes as a huge shock to me. Earlier this week I was crying to my mom over a possible root canal, and the ever-looming feeling that I'm never going to get married (again) and have children. Next minute, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights are all full with my new found internet boyfriend! I have spent a lot of time with this guy, considering it's only been around 48 hours since I met him....and we've talked about everything from music to religion to addressing some of the skeletons in our closets. It's been- amazing! I can't remember the last time a guy got underneath my skin this way, and it's hard not to be so skeptical of the whole thing. I'm waiting (and if I'm honest with myself, I'm *hoping*) for him to show his true colors, become a complete lunatic, and get taken away in handcuffs any minute! He has been entirely too nice to me- and how sad is it that I give him looks like he MUST be growing a 3rd eye, each time he gives me a compliment???
In my experience, most (not all) men are very good at putting up a quick front- but I'm able to see through them. Usually they divert their attention to the football game that's on the TV- but this guy listens attentively, makes me feel like I'm beautiful (inside and out), he is considerate of my wants, has very good communication skills, and is a cultured man of the world.
Tonight, he kissed me. And for the very first time, in a long time, I got that excited feeling deep in my stomach- which I usually reserve for Ruth's Chris dinners. But, this guy makes me crave a lot more than food!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment